One Continent, One Vision, One Team United in Promoting Cybersecurity in Africa.
The African forum of computer incident response teams, aims to propose solutions to Challenges for Internet Health in Af* Internet Ecosystem.
The objectives of AfricaCERT include, but are not restricted to:
- Coordinating cooperation among CSIRTS
- Assisting African countries in establishing CSIRTs by providing expertise and advise in formulating initiatives, programs and projects, related to the launch of CSIRTs in African countries.
- Fostering and supporting education and outreach programs in ICT Security in and among African countries. AfricaCERT is also expected to assist its members that do not have the necessary technical skills, knowledge and experience, to be able to conduct effective computer emergency response.
- Strengthening the relationships amongst CSIRTs in Africa and with other stakeholders all over the World. This will be achieved through building cooperation, trust and confidence amongst members and also with other International stakeholders, for the effective coordination and management of security incidents.
- Encouraging information sharing in ICT Security which includes findings from reported incidents and case studies, so that vulnerabilities can be rapidly identified and its risks neutralized. It is envisaged that AfricaCERT members will especially share experiences and jointly develop measures to deal with large-scale security incidents and emergencies.
- Promoting good practices and experiences sharing among members to develop a comprehensive framework for cybersecurity including better addressing legal and regulatory issues related to information security, and for the prevention of cyber-crimes; while acting in strengthening multilateral and bilateral cooperation and initiatives on such matters.
- Assisting African Certs in improving Cyber readiness and enhancing the resilience of ICT Infrastructure and developing contingency plans
- Promoting Collaborative Technology Research, Development and Innovation in the ICT security field.