AfricaCERT Supporting Members are required:
1. To be an entity with activities related to cyber security regardless of the region and organizationalstructure, who want to contribute to AfricaCERT, such as; NGOs or Academia, or an entities working in the ICT security field.
2. To be sponsored by two (2) existing AfricaCERT Operational Members
3. To have the application approved by AfricaCERT BOD
4. To respect the Code of Conduct, promulgated by AfricaCERT; and
5. to advise the AfricaCERT BOD within a reasonable time period, if at any time it cannot meet theabove criteria.
– Supporting Members are expected to be active participants in AfricaCERT. At a minimum this includes participating in at least one (1) AfricaCERT event per year.
– This membership has Observer status and cannot vote or stand for elections.
– Commercial Members such as Banks, Telecom Operators are expected to make a financial contribution at their discretion.